Monday, February 05, 2007

I was introduced to blogs through my daughter's blog. She posts her blogs regularly on her Purple Moon blog.

She is a creative writer which I had known but I realised it with great intensity when I started reading her blogs. Her writing has made me totally addicted to her blog post and now I await impenitently for her new posts.

Blogging has provided a new interface to share what you feel with millions on the net. It provides you with your own space to express what you feel. This was not possible earlier. You had to search a publisher or be content with sharing your thoughts with limited people. Writing (as well reading)is a good habit but due to the latest mobile communication ,emails,and SMS, I feel that these habits are changing. This new electronic interface however has revived the habits of writing and reading

The modern life is day by day becoming more competitive and also stressful. Writing blogs can unwind you from this stressful life. In a way it is a sort of catharsis which I feel is essential.

Let this movement of blogging flourish and bring relief to the stressful life.

5 comments:

InqFinance said...

I agree .. Blogs can take stress out of a persons life and can help express and communicate better.

Tapan

शिरीष said...

Thanks Tapan!

mannab said...

Dear Shirish,
I knew your blog site thru' your daughter Sai without knowing her personally. I came across her blog which was on Mangala Rajwade-Narlikar as "Mangala Mami". Then I was a regular reader to her blog and now yours.I am a Mumbaikar, real one as Pu.La. has stated.You may or may not be a Punekar as he decribed. But keep going on. I liked your marathi Kavita. Thank you.
Mangesh Nabar

शिरीष said...

Thanks Mangesh for your comments!
The credit for my marathi poems goes to Sai. I have just translated her english poems.

Anonymous said...

Shirish,

I agree and disagree.

I agree that internet has provided a new medium to approach others. I also agree that it helps unwind oneself. But, in older times, we always had paper & pencil to write down our thoughts. Expression was never an issue.

Reaching out was an issue then. And so it is even today. There are millions and millions of blog out there. And, you have to content yourself with sharing your thoughts with limited people who care about your blogs. Your reach is a little more and without boundaries, thats it.

My initiator into blogging world warned me upfront. He said, Open it (blog), Fill it (...and unwind), and forget it!! Don't do it for hits and comments. Just do it for yourself.

Anyways, ... I will be surely reading your blogs going forward. Sure to see a match to 'Unhalyachisuttee' here too.